We all do it…it happens every year to most of us. I’ll do it Monday. Then Monday rolls around and we tell ourselves we’ll do it tomorrow, and then tomorrow, and so it goes. The endless cycle of procrastination. It sucks.
The wonderful intentions we have in October and November of making handmade gifts for our co-workers/loved ones/friends, seem to vanish as life gets in the way. And then POOF! Its nearly time for your holiday break and you’ve done nothing. Oh dear..
Handmade gifts are so personal and thoughtful. So I thought i’d put together a few ideas you can do chop chop to impress your co-workers or friends.
The good old faithful mason jar. It is a lifesaver. Really, the things you can do with this little glass bottle is endless. Just check out Pinterest and you’ll see what I mean. And for our last minute gift ideas it is going to come in super handy. Here’s are a few options for you try out:
1. Bath salts. This is a wonderful idea for the ladies, and it is really simple to make. All you need is some Epsom salts, Himalaya pink salt, a scented oil of your choice and some dried flowers (optional, but looks amazing).
Mix all the salts in bowl with a few drops of the scented oil. Why not try rosehip, lavender or even peppermint for the festive season. Run your hands through the bowl for a while till the oil has covered most of the salts. Sprinkle in a handful of dried flowers and mix. Gorgeous! Now spoon into the jar, seal and tie a pretty ribbon around it with a personalized note!
2. Chocolates! I mean…who wouldn’t love another excuse to indulge this festive season! Load that jar with some Whispers, Smarties or Lindt to make someones day. Send them on a sugar high the last day of work for 2017. It will make everyone’s day better!
Why not try printing some labels for your jars or placing a colourful festive ribbon on top of the lid.
If your gift is for a friend, try a lovely message like “To someone super sweet” or “There’s no-one as sweet as you”
3. Jam jars! For those of you super nifty in the kitchen, why not whip up some home made jam? Why not try Strawberry and team it with red and green ribbons for a festive look.
4. Chocolate brownie jar. Hmmmmm. I absolutely love this one. Its looks so pretty and what’s nice is, whenever they want to make something sweet all the goodies are already in a jar ready for them to bake! How nifty I hear you say…yup it is! And the list is endless here too. You can take the easy route (I mean, I would) and buy a ready mix box and empty it into the jar. Layer it with marshmallows and chocolate chips and voila! You have a gorgeous layered jar gift ready to go!
Don’t forget your ribbon, Christmas bauble and gift tag to really add that extra special touch.
If you are a whiz in the kitchen and have a bit more time, you can check out mybakingaddiction.com this great jar recipe.
5. If you are not a fan of mason jars, why not whip up a batch of Christmas cookies and wrap them in ribbon to look like a parcel!?
Well, there you have it. A few simple ideas to save your bacon this festive season! I hope these have given you some inspiration to bless the ones you love and appreciate.
Happy holidays everyone!